Indian Government is working very hard for a better implementation of GST - Goods & Service Tax in India.
There are many people who do not know about GST ARN Number or want to Know GST ARN Status.
So on this web page, we are providing you with the complete information about “GST ARN Number & How to Track GST ARN”.
All the existing taxpayer who has submitted their application for enrollment with GST portal can track their arn number status.
check ARN status in gst portal by Login GST from the official website of the GST (Goods and Services Tax) which is “www.GST.gov.in”.
(ARN meaning or ARN number means "application reference number").
It’s very easy to check arn status for gst at gst on line portal by arn number tracking.
"Track ARN Status" of your submitted application form enrollment with GST.
What is GST ARN Number?ARN stands for “Application Reference Number”. ARN is a “15 Character” unique number consist of Alphanumeric Value.
When you submit a GST Enrolment Application form successfully then, ARN is generated.
ARN Number FormatAs already mentioned above that ARN have “15 Alpha-number Characters”.
Frequently Asked Question About GST ARN NumberThere are many people who have same question that:
Question 1: What should I do? – “If I Have Not Received ARN Number”
Question 2: “ARN Not Received – What to do?”
Question 3: “How to Get ARN Number in GST”
The answer for all question: Generally, ARN Reach to you within 15 minutes of Successful submission of GST Enrollment Form.
If you have not received your ARN Number then, follow the instruction provided in the email sent to you by GST.
If you will follow the instruction properly, then you will get your ARN Number (Application Reference Number)
How to Track GST ARN Status Without LoginIt is very simple to check the GST ARN Status.
Just follow the simple steps given below to check your ARN status: -
Visit GST Official WebsiteTo track GST ARN Status, Firstly, you need to visit the official website of GST – GST.gov.in.
To visit GST official portal either you can type www.GST.gov.in in the address bar or just click here
Navigate to "Services" and then "Track Application Status"When you will reach to the official GST Login Portal then you need to go to the "Services" option available in the top menu then you need to navigate to "Registration" and then click on the "Track Application Status"
Enter ARNOnce you click on "Track Application Status", it will take you to https://services.GST.gov.in/services/ARNstatus where you need to enter your ARN Number.
Note: Please be careful while entering your ARN Number.
Check it twice before tracking your ARN status.
If you will provide incorrect ARN Number then you will not able to check your ARN Status.
SearchAfter entering your correct ARN Number, you need to click on the "Search" button.
Note: In some case, captcha is also shown.
So if there is any captcha code, just enter it correctly before clicking the "Search" button and finally, you can see you ARN status.
Tracking GST ARN Status by logging in to GST PortalYou can also check you ARN status by login into GST Portal.
Below are the simple steps which you can follow to check your GST ARN status after login to GST Portal.
Login to GST PortalFirst, you need to do GST Login from the official website of GST.
It is very simple to make login to GST portal. Once you are logged in then go ahead to the next step.
Services & Track Application StatusOnce you will be successfully logged in to you GST Portal and you can see the dashboard. Then you need to navigate to "Services" then go to the "Registration" and then click on the "Track Application Status".
Once you reached the "Track Application Status" page then you will see two options:-
- Submission Period
Enter ARN & SearchAs you want to track your ARN Status, so you need to click on the radio button for ARN.
Now you need to provide your 15 characters ARN Number in the field provided and then click on the "Search" button.
This will show your GST Application status or you can say that GST ARN Status.
Submission Period & SearchIf you want to know about the submission period then you need to click on the radio button for "Submission Period" and then enter the Date period for which you want to know about.
Finally, click on the "Search" button. This will show the result.
What is GST TRN Number?TRN is the Temporary Reference Number provide by GST When you first time do GST Registration.
What is difference between ARN & TRN Number provided by GSTWhen anyone register for GST for the first time, GST Provides "Temporary Reference Number" which is known as TRN.
Once your application is approved and the registration process is complete with the submission of valid documents GST, GST sends you an email with ARN Number which means that your GST Registration process is finally complete.
You can also check registration status & gst trn status.
How to track GST Application Status using TRNIf you want to track your GST Application Status using your "Temporary Reference Number" then it is very simple.
Check out the steps given below to know your GST Application Status using TRN.
Visit GST PortalTo check you GST Application Status first you should go to GST official Portal. Click here to know the procedure
Register Now - GST online portal for registrationOnce you will reach to the home page of GST then you have to click on the "Register Now" link available below "Tax payer (Normal)"
Enter TRN Number & CaptchaAfter clicking the "Register Now" link you will reach to new screen where you see two options:-
- New Registration
- Temporary Reference Number (TRN)
Just enter your TRN Number correctly. Also, you need to type the captcha code correctly.
ProceedOnce you provided the correct TRN Number & Correct captcha, just click on the proceed button to go to the next step.
OTPYou will receive an OTP just after clicking the "Proceed" button. Now Enter your OTP in the "Mobile / Email OTP" filed available there and then again click on "Proceed" button
- Please note that the OTP is valid only for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes this OTP will expire and you need to start the process again.
- You will get the same OTP on both email and phone SMS.
- If these is a case that your OTP entered is showing invalid then you can request to "resend the OTP"
See current application statusOnce you click on the "Proceed" button, you will be landed to "My saved application" page.
On this page, you can see the current status of your GST Application.
Possible Status of your GST Application which using TRN & their meaningThere are many possible status results you can see on "my saved application" page.
Let's check what does that mean:-
- Approved: If you get an approved status, this means that you GST application approved by GST Tax official.
- Rejected: Getting "Rejected" as an application status indicates that your GST Application completely rejected by GST Tax officials and you need to do GST Registration again.
- ARN Generated: If you are getting "ARN Generated" as a result of your GST Application status. This means that "ARN number" has been generated for your GST application.
- Draft: This implies that your GST application has been saved but you have not submitted your application at GST portal for review.
- Active: If you are seeing "Active" status on "My Saved application" page means that TRN Number has been generated and active.
- Expired: This means that your application not submitted to GST within 15 days of TRN Generation. This is the status of TRN of 15 days.
- Provisional: This is the status of GSTIN when challan creation is started till GST Registration is approved.
- Pending for Validation: This states that your ARN number not generated yet and your application is pending for validation.
- Validation Error: GST officials fail to validate your GST Application for a reason like income documents provided. In this case, your ARN will not generate.
- Pending for processing: This indicates that you fill the application at GST portal but you did not process this.
- Pending for Clarification: If you see the status as "pending for clarification", this means that GST officials issued a notice and you need to clarify it so that application will approve. If you fail to clarify then your application will reject.
- Pending for order: This means that your application resubmitted successfully with response to the clarification notice.
Contact Details-GST Help DeskIf you have any query related to “How to track GST Application status” with GST portal then you can contact GST help desk:
- Help Desk Phone Number: 0124-4688999
- Email ID: helpdesk@GST.gov.in
So, you can bookmark this page and visit here again to get the latest updates on “track arn number gst portal”.